Have you ever just craved a chicken pot pie?! I live for them! But living in the Florida heat makes it a little less desirable. So when we got our first “cold front” of the season I decided it was time to whip this baby up! Be prepared this dish will be gone in seconds! If you have extra thanksgiving leftovers this would work great too! Just switch out the chicken for the turkey!
Hearty Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 can veg-all (drained)
- 3/4 c. dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 c. stuffing mix
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of potato soup
- 1 1/2 c. chopped chicken
- 1 package pie crusts
- 1 sm. can diced potatoes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare pie crusts; soften a little bit to make pliable and set one in your pie pan.
- Blind bake the bottom pie crust for 12-15 minutes; either use pie weights or some dried beans that you won’t be using
- The mix! Add all ingredients into a large bowl and give it a good mix until it’s all incorporated. Just be careful not to crush the stuffing mix
- Take pie crust out of the oven and fill with your pie filling. Be careful your dish will be warm!
- Cover pie with remaining crust dough. This is where you can get fancy with the edges. Also don’t forget to cut slits in the center so it can breathe while baking
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes
- Cool for 5-10 minutes before serving and enjoy!!
Hope you all enjoy this recipe and post pictures or comments of you try this! It’s sooo good!!
Until next time