I was on the constant search for a great easy cake recipe. One that’s good for layer cakes, but that is still flavorful and light. Well this is it ladies and gents. Look no further because your girl has got you covered!
Classic White Layer Cake
- 1 c. milk (room temperature)
- 6 egg whites
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 c. cake flour (sifted, twice)
- 1 3/4 c. sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 6 oz. butter (softened, cubed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray two 9 in. cake pans with baking spray and cover pan bottoms with parchment paper rounds. Then spray parchment rounds with baking spray.
- Mix milk, egg whites, and extracts together in a bowl with a fork. Set aside.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl with an electric mixer at a slow speed. Once it looks sandy add butter. Continue beating at slow until the mixture resembles moist crumbs.
- Add half of milk mixture to crumbs and beat at medium speed for 1 1/2 minutes. Add remaining milk mixture and beat for 30 seconds. Scrape bowl and mix for 20 more seconds.
- Divide batter evenly between cake pans and smooth tops with a rubber spatula. Bake until toothpick comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool completely for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Ice, stack and enjoy!
Hope you all enjoy and let me know if you try this out!
Until next time!