So I’m not sure about you but I live on the fence between
trying to make healthy choices and wanting to eat all
of the sweets. But life is all about balance, AM I RIGHT?!
Anyways, on my journey to be a healthier me I decided why not add some of my favorite recipes on this blog. I obviously am going to start posting baking recipes too (which I cannot
I am all for sweet potatoes, I would eat one at all meals if I could. This recipe is super simple and I use this to meal prep for the week because it is that easy and mindless to make. Also, for the sweet potatoes I buy a big microwaveable bag of them at the grocery store for $1.98 and it’ll usually last me about a week. Okay enough rambling, on to the recipe!
Sweet & Spicy BBQ Chicken Sweet Potatoes
– 4 chicken breasts (cooked & shredded)
– 1/4 red onion
– sweet & spicy bbq sauce
– shredded carrots
– sweet potatoes
- First I cook and shred the chicken
- Chop and briefly cook the onion
- Steam the sweet potatoes in the microwave
- Toss the chicken, onion and shredded carrots in the bbq sauce
- Cut open sweet potatoes and top with chicken mixture
Voila! There ya have it, a super quick and easy lunch/dinner that is VERY filling.
Until next time.